Ready to upload your files, documents and images to your HOATown Website? Follow this quick list of do’s and don’ts to eliminate any issues that may arise from improper file naming.
Use the following in your file names:
– Letters (ABCabc…)
– Numbers (0123456789)
– Underscores (_) can be used to represent a space
– File name length no more than 32 characters
– Document File Extension (i.e. doc, docx, pdf, xls, xlsx, ppt, etc.)
Avoid the following in file names:
– Special characters ( ~ ! @ # $ % & etc.)
– Spaces (there have been problems related to this, though they are technically supported)
– Long File Names (Limit to 32 characters or less)
Examples of Good File names
– STpaper1.doc (short file name, includes file extension, no spaces or special characters, properly named)
– peer_review_presentation.ppt (properly named, less than 32 characters, includes file extension, no spaces or unsupported characters)
Examples of Bad File names
– HOA Rules #1 (no file extension, includes unsupported special character and spaces)
– my hoa proposal for Mike’s house on elm street.doc (filename is more than 32 characters, spaces and unsupported special characters are included)
If you are ready to create, update, or expand your HOA website, then this post is for you.
HOATown is celebrating the new year 2014 with our HOA Website Bundle including:
Head over to our package comparison chart and choose Basic or Plus, it’s that simple. HOATown is your best choice for enhancing community communication and streamlining information management.
Feel free to contact us online for fast and friendly email support.
From all of us at HOATown, we sincerely wish you the best new year ever!